Start a Fundraiser
Since the Lift for Life® signature event is only open to University chapters of Uplifting AthletesSM, we encourage individuals and other organizations to participate through fundraising programs of their own. Starting your own fundraiser can be easy and fun. Contact us to learn more about the following programs:
- Join Team UA: Turn your next run, ride, triathlon or adventure race into an opportunity to support college football players helping rare disease patients. All you have to do is become a member of Uplifting Athletes and then register for a local race (or a race in your favorite city). We will help you create your personal webpage, set fundraising goals and send messages to friends and family. Please contact us for more information, help finding a race in your area or to get started right away.
- Letter writing campaign: Send letters or emails to people you know, asking for donations.
- Social Events: Host a social event in your community to raise money to support our mission. The possibilities are endless – from a cocktail reception or dinner dance to a silent auction or wine tasting.
- Sporting Event: Plan an activity that you and your friends enjoy. Think about the possibilities-such as a walk, a bike ride, a softball game or a golf tournament-and request contributions.
- GoodSearch or GoodShop: Invite your friends to help earn money for Uplifting Athletes just by searching (or shopping) the internet! http://www.goodsearch.com/About.aspx
- Donate your used car: Donate your used vehicle to Uplifting Athletes through Cars4Causes at no cost to you! Completely tax-deductable and fast towing pick up between 24-48 hours: http://www.cars4causes.net/
charity-car-donation- uplifting-athletes?_vsrefdom= charity_pages
Together, we are stronger!